Saturday, March 29, 2008

I do not Want Freedom.




I do not Want Freedom.

I do not want it.

Freedom is who I am.
I am free.

I do not want to be me.
I am me.

Freedom is the way I be - being free.
Freedom is my being - a human-BEING-being-free.
I do not want freedom.
I am me being free, experiencing that there
are barriers to my experience of freedom -
and that I am the barriers -
I have a choice to die free or to live wanting
to be free and I choose what no one can give me - Wanting Freedom.

Most of us who want freedom want it for ourselves – result: a Sisyphus quest - jousting with windmills.
Some of us, like Mandela, declared being free.
N0 jail could hold him.
Sam Sharpe and Nat Turner declared that they would rather die that live not BEING Free -
for Freedom is not about our actions, freedom is the being that give rise to our
actions and our experience of being free.
Freedom is a conversation - speak it, be it.

I am free - right now.
What now?
There are barriers to me experiencing being free -
barriers to my expression of freedom.
Will I be restrained by them?
Will I be free no matter what?
Or will I just want to be free?
Will freedom be my self-expression?
Will freedom be my way of living?
Will I be obsessed by being free?
Will I be a Miles Davis of freedom?
Driven Mozart-ly mad by freedom?
Be Mohammed Ali? - I am Free!
Or will I be stopped and wanting
someone to cross me the hurdles.

I am free and there are barriers to my experience of being free and I am the barriers.
Now I am free no matter what.

Freedom is an expression of who I am - me being free.

Freedom:
Declare it,
Express it,
Be it - no matter what,
Experience Being Free.

So now you know.
What now?

by KWASI Akyeampong

No comments: