Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"AFRICAN-AMERICAN CHRISTIANS WAVER ON VOTE"? - Somebody Out to Say Something!

 

Somebody Out to Say Something


By REV. DR. ADOLPH ROBERTS

Rev. Adolph Roberts of the Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, in the Village of Harlem, New York, NY


Sept. 17, 2012  -  Yesterday, I read a Yahoo.Com news entitled, “African-American Christians Waver Over Vote.” and I was immediately offended by the comments of the so-called clergy who believe because President Barack Obama granted freedom for same-sex marriage, that they were preaching to their congregation to stay home rather than go out to vote for the reelection of President Obama.  I was really incensed that I decided to call on a friend of mine, the Rev. Dr.  Adolph Roberts, Senior Pastor at the Mt. Calvary Baptist Church in Harlem, to chew him out.  However, when I reached him, he expressed surprise and outrage at the notion that some black clergy were advocating that blacks stay home.  He blasted these individuals and asked me to send him a copy of the article, which I sent to him.  Below is his take on the ministers, titled “Somebody Ought to Say Something:

About these “Johnny come lately’” crying in the wilderness about taking the focus off of the most important election of our lifetime, over frivolous things that are important, but not at this present time.  Case in point, A.R. Bernard, The Rev. Jamal-Harrison Bryant, The Rev. George Nelson Jr., The Rev. Howard-John Wesley, The Rev. Lin Hill, and The Rev. Dwight McKissic, who would rather go fishing, told YAHOO News, that they are having problems in deciding who to vote for.  Well, let me help all of you preachers to make up your minds.  Since, I feel that due to my longevity, living under the presidency of Franklin D. Roosevelt until this present day, gives me a great deal of experience.

Chika A. Onyeani
Publisher/Editor-in-Chief
African Sun Times: www.africansuntimes.com
Host: All Africa Radio: www.allafricaradio.com
Tel.: 973-675-9919
Fax: 973-675-5704
Cell: 917-279-4038

"It is not what you call me, but what I answer to, that matters most" - Capitalist Nigger: The Road to Success, Onyeani's internationally acclaimed No. 1 bestselling book.


Have you bought Onyeani's new blockbuster novel, The Broederbond Conspiracy, www.thebroederbondconspiracy.com? or www.theblackjamesbond.com, adapted by the San Francisco State University "to teach students how to write a spy novel."





Post a Comment